Palm Beach County is home sunshiny beaches and exclusive areas as Jupiter Island and Palm Beach. The beaches and real estate in this area is second to none. Palm Beach County has mesmerizing coastal towns like Jupiter, Juno Beach and Tequesta. Take pleasure in the gorgeous sunshine and coastlines Palm Beach County has to offer.
These locales are treasured for their extraordinary homes and condos along the Atlantic Ocean coastline, the Intracoastal Waterway and the Loxahatchee River. The abundance of shimmering indigo waterways, white sand beaches, and amazing real estate in Palm Beach County, is nothing short of stunning.
As the weather warms and families spend more time outdoors in the glistening sunshine, The Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery wants to remind Floridians and visitors about the importance of sun protection. Keep in mind:
- When trying to achieve the perfect tan, it is imperative to use a suntan lotion. The best type to use is a lotion with SPF. If you use a suntan lotion with SPF, your exposure to the sun and your tan will last longer.
- The best combination for protecting your head is sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. Often neglected areas are the ears, back of the neck, lips and scalp at the part in the hair (golfers and tennis enthusiasts take note).
- Look for sun protection that provides "broad spectrum" protection, minimum SPF 30, blocking both UVA and UVB rays.
- Look for sunglasses that are described as blocking 99% or 100% of UVA and UVB, or as providing UV absorption up to 400 nm.
- Teach your children good habits for sun protection. Eighty percent of a person's lifetime sun exposure is acquired before age 18. When selecting a sunscreen for infants, look for the ingredients zinc and/or titanium dioxide.
- Be sure to reapply every two to three hours during times of prolonged exposure. The sun is the strongest between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.