Governor DeSantis and Palm Beach County Commissioners and Mayor announced some positive news about the slow down of Covid-19 in South Florida and the start of reopening Florida.
Palm Beach County is taking gradual steps to start to reopen the county in a safe way. On Monday afternoon, the county commissioners announced that starting yesterday Wednesday, April 29th marinas, public parks, boat ramps, community pools, golf courses, tennis courts and other recreational facilities will begin to open with restrictions and maintaining social distancing practices. The beaches will still remain closed until further notice.
This news is great for golfers who have been itching to get back out on the course. Since many golf courses in Palm Beach County have gotten the okay to reopen, please take note of the restrictions set in place to help keep the spread of coronavirus down.
Golf Course Restrictions:
- Golfers are not allowed to touch the flagsticks
- Play is set for walking, single rider golf cart or family members living in the same household
- Tee times are staggered to prevent social gatherings
- Golfers are allowed to arrive up to 20 minutes prior to tee time
- Practice facilities, clubhouses, pro- shops, and locker rooms with the exceptions of restrooms remain closed.
- All golf camps, clinics, leagues, youth and other golf-organized activities remain suspended.