Fresh juice and smoothies are known to have a variety of health benefits. That, plus they taste good and give you energy. Being a health-conscious community, the Palm Beaches is ripe with fantastic juice and smoothie bars. Here are a few you are sure to enjoy.
Rock Steady Juice Joint
Multiple locations: Jupiter and North Palm Beach; rocksteadyjuicejoint.com
- Why We Love It: This colorful juice joint with two locations uses all non-GMO, chemical- and pesticide-free ingredients to harness the raw power of "nature's medicine." (And the juice is delicious, too.)
- What to Drink: "Green Medicine," packed with kale, spinach, cucumber, pear, lemon and other healthful ingredients, is the bestseller. But we're partial to "Sweet Sensi," made with strawberries, pineapple and oranges to satisfy your sweet tooth with no added sugars.
- What to Chew: 100% organic acai and pitaya bowls, smoothie bowls, superfood smoothies, loaded toasts.
- Insider Tip: Supercharge your order with a shot of wheatgrass or E3 Live (made with blue-green algae).
JuiceBuzz MRKT + Juicery
2 NE 5thAvenue, Delray Beach; juicebuzzdelray.com
- Why We Love It: Located in Downtown Delray Beach, it’s the perfect spot to grab a drink on a hot, sunny day and stroll down Atlantic Avenue. The juices are 100% organic, raw, cold-pressed and bottled in glass, which makes them good for Mother Earth, too.
- What to Drink: "Detox Rox," loaded with celery, cucumber, coconut water, parsley, cilantro, lemon and ginger. It promises to boost metabolism and immune health and leave you feeling rejuvenated.
- What to Chew: Salads, wraps, sandwiches and healthy snacks from Palm Beaches food purveyors like 4th Generation Organic Market in Boca Raton.
- Insider Tip: Stock up on health and wellness goodies sourced from around the region and the world in the JuiceBuzz MRKT, ranging from organic beauty products to teas and supplements.
Meraki Juice Kitchen
Multiple locations: West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens; merakijuicekitchen.com
- Why We Love It: From the owners of Christopher’s Kitchen, this grab-and-go plant-based café and juice bar is an urban oasis for those seeking a healthy lifestyle. The shop serves up cold-pressed juices and tonics, as well as smoothies, gourmet coffee, and organic wine and beer.
- What to Drink: "Passion," made with pineapple, strawberry, pear, apple, orange, ginger and trace minerals.
- What to Chew: Acai bowls, salads, wraps, homemade ice cream desserts, gluten-free baked goods and a wide range of vegan items, including loaded nachos and curry bowls.
- Insider Tip: Want to really detox your body? Meraki is one of The Palm Beaches' premier juice cleanse experts.
199 West Palmetto Park Road, Suite E, Boca Raton; theseedboca.com
- Why We Love It: Farm-to-table? Meet farm-to-cup. Fresh, cold-pressed juices at The Seed are locally sourced whenever possible and made with certified organic produce to ensure the best-tasting and best-for-you juice. You can also get your caffeine fix with a variety of expertly brewed coffee drinks, from cortados to cold brew nitros.
- What to Drink: "Orange You Glad" mixes carrot, apple, orange, cinnamon, turmeric and ginger into a hydrating liquid elixir.
- What to Chew: Pair your juice or coffee with a fresh pastry. Feeling adventurous? Try a matcha green smoothie bowl.
- Insider Tip: With free Wi-Fi and plenty of seating, The Seed is a great place to catch up on emails while you sip.
Modern Juice Company
287 E. Indiantown Road, Jupiter; modernjuiceco.com
- Why We Love It: Located only five minutes from the beach, Modern Juice Company is a popular hot spot for surfers and paddleboarders to chill, recharge and (most importantly) hydrate. Besides that, the company is committed to helping each customer on the path to a healthy lifestyle, one bottle at a time.
- What to Drink: "Dr. Ken's Super 6" pretty much has it all: kale, carrot, beet, apple, lemon and ginger.
- What to Chew: Two words: poke bowls. Heaped with super-fresh tuna and other toppings, this healthful Hawaiian staple is the newest food item on the menu.
- Insider Tip: Love eating (and drinking) local? Grab a bottle of Lulu's Coconut Water, made with coconuts harvested from Jupiter Island.
Multiple locations: Tequesta, Juno Beach, Jupiter, West Jupiter, Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens; 3natives.com
- Why We Love It: Once a hidden treasure in Juno Beach, 3 Natives now has 12 locations in Florida, with more on the way. Despite its success, they still stay true to their values of delivering fast, healthful food with a fun twist.
- What to Drink: "Loaded Greens," as its name implies, is chock-full of green vegetables. If you like something with a little bite, go for the "Slim 'N Spicy," made with lemon, ginger, sugar cane, agave and cayenne pepper.
- What to Chew: Delicious acai bowls, made-to-order wraps and salads, and freshly-baked bagels, all for $10 or less.
- Insider Tip: If there is something you don’t want to order as part of your acai bowl, you can substitute ingredients free of charge.
Multiple locations: Palm Beach Gardens, Boca Raton; rawjuce.com
- Why We Love It: With drink names like "Tasty AF" (pineapple, granny smith, coconut, orange, blueberry, kiwi, strawberry, carrot) and "ChocoLit!" (cashews, almond milk, coconut nectar, cacao, sea salt), it's hard not to crack a smile when you place an order.
- What to Drink: Both of the above-mentioned juices are big winners, but for anyone feeling under the weather, the "Flu Warrior" (garlic, pineapple, lemon, honey, ginger, cayenne) is sure to cure.
- What to Chew: Acai bowls, oatmeal parfaits, omega crunch bowls, salads and raw desserts.
- Insider Tip: Raw Juce offers delivery, takeout and even Amazon Alexa voice ordering.
Java Juice Bar & Café
205 N. Federal Highway, Lake Worth; javajuicebar.com
- Why We Love It: Located in the heart of downtown Lake Worth, this little juice and coffee bar is super-convenient to the waterfront and Lake Worth Bridge.
- What to Drink: Choose your veggies (carrot, cucumber, beet, apple, lemon, ginger, garlic, parsley, spinach, kale) and make your own unique combination.
- What to Chew: Wraps, soups and salads. The curried chicken salad wrap is the best, hands down.
- Insider Tip: Call in your order if you’re in a rush, and it will be waiting there for you when you arrive.
3100 NW Boca Raton Boulevard #408, Boca Raton; swamijuice.com
Why We Love It: Swami knows what’s good for your body, and you can find it packed into every 16-ounce bottle of juice. As if that wasn’t enough, juice junkies can order a day’s worth of juice and have it delivered straight to their door for free.
- What to Drink: "Sunscreen" promises to boost your immune system and decrease inflammation with carrot, orange, red apple, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon. Other fun-to-say and even better-to-drink options include "Zeus Juice" (bok choy, celery, romaine, fennel, spinach, parsley, turmeric, lemon) and "Yo Greens" (cucumber, swiss chard, kale, celery, parsley, sunflower sprouts, ginger, lemon).
- What to Chew: Avocado toast, flatbreads, acai bowls and assorted protein bars, granola and raw nuts from local businesses.
- Insider Tip: For every 10 bottles that are returned, they will give you one juice for free.