One great way to keep the positive vibes flowing in your home is to listen to upbeat music. While the widely panned celebrity attempt at singing John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ may not have done much to cheer you up, there are certainly many songs that will. Here are 15 great tunes we suggest playing to help improve your mood while you're in quarantine.
1. "Happy," Pharrell (2013): When bad news comes, talking this and that, this song brings the positivity.
2. "Better Be Good to Me," Tina Turner (1984): If there's a bad Tina Turner song, we've yet to hear it.
3. "Blessed," Elton John (1995): "I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that // You'll be blessed." Thanks, Elton.
4. "Good as Hell," Lizzo (2016): Lizzo knows her worth. Do you?
5. "You Make My Dreams," Daryl Hall and John Oates (1980): Love that 'stache, Oates.
6. "Don't Stop Me Now," Queen (1978): Stop yourself from going out and dance with Mister Fahrenheit instead.
7. "Three Little Birds," Bob Marley and the Wailers (1984): The calming vibes and lyrics like "Every little thing's gonna be alright" is a welcome escape.
8. "Everyday People," Sly and the Family Stone (1969): We're all in this together.
9. "Dancing Queen," Abba (1976): We saw you jamming to this one at the grocery store.
10. "Come Together," The Beatles (1969): The right message at the right time.
11. "Feelin' Alright," Joe Cocker (1969): We wish we could say the same. Soon, maybe.
12. "Good Feeling," Flo Rida (2011): We're holding on to a "Good Feeling" about the future.
13. "Helena Beat," Foster the People (2011): "I took a sip of something poison but I'll hold on tight"
14. "Fancy," Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX (2014): We wish we were this "Fancy."15. "Feel Good Inc.," Gorillaz (2005): It's the foot-tapping feeling and not necessarily the lyrics that put this song on our list.